Work With Us
Who We Are
Origami Catering is a Portland based company focused on providing a sustainable sushi service to the Portland Metro area. We produce an exceptional line of Asian inspired dishes that are unique, healthy and All Natural with many Gluten Free options. With a “Be Friendlier than the Friendliest Store in Town” mentality, we believe great customer service goes a long way–we aren’t just supplying a product but a friendly, competent service that our business partners can count on. One of our common goals is to earn our customers’ business every day. We do this by exceeding expectations with our products and our service.
We clearly want the best and the brightest! Are you the stand out, the positive team player, the one who shows up early and stays to the end? We want to meet you! We are growing rapidly and looking for EXCELLENT team members to join us.
1. Delivery Driver
Morning delivery in our city vans
Origami Catering makes sushi for local business customers such as New Seasons Market. We are looking for a Non-CDL Delivery Driver to join us at our commissary! This person’s role is to transport sushi from our kitchen to our customers in our company vans. We are looking for weekend availability. We can also offer kitchen prep, if qualified.
- Load delivery totes into vans
- Unload vans at each delivery location
- Check orders in with customers receiving teams
- Help maintain delivery vehicles (gas, air, wash, bring to shop for regular service)
- Assist kitchen team with organizing/moving inventory, cleaning, and other tasks as needed
- Adhere to company, state, and local food safety and driving regulations
- Be friendly, positive, and have a team mindset
- Must have a valid driver s license
- Must have a clean driving record in the past 3 years
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Able to stand or sit for the entire shift
- Must be able to continuously lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to, or learn how to, change a flat tire
- Ability to work weekends and a flexible schedule
- Be able to show proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (we deliver to hospitals)
Benefits: PTO, attendance bonus (+$0.75/hr), referral bonus, medical insurance, 401k
2. Full Time & Part Time Prep Cook Positions
We are seeking a detail-oriented and skilled Prep Cook to join our team in a commercial kitchen that specializes in preparing sushi. The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing sushi ingredients, knife skills, and an understanding of food safety procedures. As a Prep Cook, you will be responsible for preparing various ingredients, maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, and assisting the sushi chefs.
- Prepare and cut various sushi ingredients, such as fish, vegetables, and rice
- Follow recipes and portion control guidelines accurately
- Ensure all food is prepared in accordance with food safety and hygiene standards
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and prep area
- Stock and maintain inventory of food supplies.
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and work together to ensure smooth operations
- Dishwashing and cleaning
- 1 year Sushi experience preferred (will train if you are willing to learn!)
- Dependable & Punctual.
- Ability to learn and thrive in fast paced environment.
- Must wear non-slip shoes.
- Can lift 20-30lbs pounds and stand for a full shift.
- Must be available to work Thu and Sat (plus 1-2 more days).
- Be positive, friendly, and have a team mindset.
If you are interested, please send us your resume for consideration.